Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The launch of

Orlando News

I have long deliberated about producing a newsletter for one one name study and given the lack of interest it hardly seemed worth the effort. I shelved the idea. At this point, the study has been in existence for 11 years, and whilst I have only ever had two communications about my study, I have had a change of heart.

A few weeks ago, I emailed the British Library at their ISSN Centre in Boston Spa and requested an ISSN Number. I hold the view that if I am going to do it, I might as well do it properly.

The number was emailed to me within a day and there it sat in my inbox. That was until today, when I put the number on my first, small edition of Orlando News.

The plan is to publish the newsletter 4 times a year, although I may on occasions produce an extra edition.

The newsletter can be downloaded from the link published HERE or via the page links at the top of this page. A copy will also be lodged with the British Library Depository Department as they request and a further copy will be archived with the Guild of One Name Studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment